There are various stages involved in COMING OUT:
Stages of Coming Out
- Stage 1 Discovery Of Inner-self – this is where you start to question if you might be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender because of feelings you’re having.
- Stage 2 Acceptance Of Who You Are – this is when you start to accept that you are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. Telling the first person is a sign of acceptance.
Stage 3 Integration/ Expression – this is when you begin to get comfortable expressing your lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender identity and living your life accordingly. Getting into a same-sex relationship is a sign of integration.
COMING OUT BRACELET ** Not Available In Stores
- Realize that you're making a brave choice, and you will be much happier in the long run than if you tried to hide it.
- Choose the first person you come out to wisely.
- Start coming out to more casual friends as you become more confident in your identity
- Choose the method of coming out wisely. You might want to tell someone during a serious face-to-face conversation, or slip it in casually to show that you have accepted it and are comfortable with the idea.
- Be wise. Depending on your environment, you may come across extremes of rejection; it is important that you are prepared for potentially difficult times
- Be proud of who you are! Hold your head up high and don't let anyone make you feel ashamed. Don't apologies or allow yourself to feel ashamed of it to anyone when you tell them the truth about yourself.
This site is not a part of the FaceBook website or FaceBook INC. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by FaceBook in ANY WAY. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FaceBook INC